Sunday, October 5, 2008

Craft Nerd

Yep, Ben's mama is a craft nerd. Last spring I purchased a gift from etsy.com that was needle felted. It was for a friend's daughter, and it was very cute--a little strawberry "baby" from the Rosemary for Remembrance shop. It seemed like a very cool medium to work with. So, when I earned a little bit of money from an art commission this fall, I spent some of the money to buy some basic felting supplies. The little witch was my third try at this. It was surprisingly easy and more than just a little addictive. She is made out of 100% wool with เคจो sewing involved. The only thing you really have to watch out for is to not try to needle your fingers.
So these little monsters are not needle felted except for their faces. I have been playing around with making "plushies" for about a year now and often give them away as birthday gifts. I think I really like the look the needle felting gives them. The eyes are buggy, and the 3-Dness of it really adds to their "charming" quality.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Red RX Turbo said...

It's amazing what being a mother does to a mature adult woman ;-)

Love the haircut.

DaD