Friday, December 16, 2011

homemade"silly putty"

I saw a pin on pinterest.com that had two intriguing features--homemade silly putty and a DIY lightbox. I found the recipe for the glow in the dark silly putty at http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/2011/07/glow-in-dark-silly-putty.html. This is my first batch and here are some things I noticed: 1. the texture isn't exactly like store bought silly putty (it's kind of clammy) 2. I'm not super sure about the glow in the dark paint--I used the rustoleum version, and it has some of the latext smell (and therefore chemicals). Sofar, no ill effects, but I am making sure the kids wash their hands after they play with it.

The kids deem it a success, and it was a sure thing for the "I'm bored,can we watch TV blues."

As far as the lightbox,I'm not really thrilled with it, but it's what we have a budget for at this point.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: